Friday, August 5, 2011

8/5 Log

I had a great workout today. I went in to it sore from yesterday, thinking it would be a low key workout, but surprised myself. I was able to add weight to my 1RM for the first time in over a month. I've been feeling discouraged lately at the slowness of my progress, and even my regression on a couple lifts (cough*deadlift*cough). Now, far be it from me to see causation where there may only be correlation, but don't think I didn't notice that my best workout in a month came after 72 hours with no animal protein.

Now, on to the workout.

Warmup: 1 mile run
Strength: power clean: 10@ 45#, 8 @ 75#, 8 @ 85#, 6 @ 95#, 4 @ 105#, 3 @ 115#, 1 @ 120, 1 @ 120 (I think I had five more pounds in me, which would have been a PR by 10 pounds, but the gym was getting crowded and I lost my nerve, lol), 5 x 5 @ 95#
Work: 5 rounds: 20 kettlebell swings (16 kg)/15/12/9/6/3 box jumps
Cooldown: 20 kb swings

Food:
B and L: green smoothies*
S1: larabar
S2: clif builders bar (THIS IS JUNK FOOD, KIDS)
D: leftover chard/tofu scramble and roasted eggplant and zucchini from last night, nectarine


carbs 303, protein 163, fat 96


*If anyone is interested, here's my standard smoothie recipe:
1 cup frozen blueberries
3-4 oz frozen greens, I like spinach the best for flavor, but use other greens as well
1/2 large or 1 whole small avocado
2 scoops Garden of Life Raw Protein*
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
a pinch of stevia

*I'm not big on supplements in general, but I really like the GOL Raw Protein. It's organic, less processed than most protein powders, made from a variety of sprouted seeds (no soy or wheat), and tastes decent. Plus it's loaded with probiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment