Saturday, May 1, 2010

Multigrain Vegan Waffles

I do a lot of experimenting with waffles and pancakes. I change my recipe a little bit each week, but these came out so good I'm sticking with the recipe! I always make big batches to stock my freezer with, hence the large volume of ingredients.

Multigrain Vegan Waffles

4.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP + 1 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 TBSP Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer (or 3 eggs)
3 cups unsweetened plain soy or almond milk
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
3 cups water
1/3 cup olive oil


In a medium bowl, whisk the egg replacer with 1/2 cup plus 1 TBSP water. When blended, whisk in milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to thicken.

In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.

Stir water and oil into the milk mixture, then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour roughly 1/2 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron that's been treated with pan spray. Let cook 4-6 minutes until steaming stops. Makes 16-20 waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment